Forney Industries is proud to introduce the last member of the Forney Easy Weld family. Say hello to the Forney Easy Weld 180 ST.
The Forney Easy Weld 180 ST is a dual-voltage, lightweight and easy to use welder capable of Stick and DC TIG welding. This welder is applicable with DIY projects, farm & ranch, maintenance repairs, light industrial work and more!
The Forney Easy Weld 180 ST features a built-in Easy Start, making the first strike a breeze. This Easy Start Technology adds 10% extra power at the beginning of the weld to eliminate electrodes sticking. This welder is also generator friendly, and produces an extremely stable arc even when it’s connected to a generator.
Like the rest of the Forney Easy Weld family, the Forney Easy Weld 180 ST is portable. Weighing in at 14 lbs., you can take the machine to your project rather than lugging your project to the machine. But don’t let the size fool you, this welder is powerful too. With up to 180 amps, you can weld up to a 1/2″ of mild steel.
Check out these quick specs and see why the Forney Easy Weld 180 ST is a force to be reckoned with.
|ITEM# 291||Processes||Input Power||Amperage Range||Output/ Duty Cycle Stick||Output/ Duty Cycle TIG||Weight||Dimensions|
|Quick Specs:||Stick (SMAW)||120V-50/60Hz||10A- 90A||80A @ 30%||80A @ 30%||14 lbs||H: 11″ (279.4mm)|
W: 6-5/16″ (162mm)
|Quick Specs:||TIG (GTAW)||230V-50/60Hz||10A-180A||180A @ 25%||180A @ 25%||6.35 kg||L: 14-1/8″ (359mm)|
Welder Layout and Controls
1. Selector Switch for the welding process selection.
a. STICK (“SMAW”)
b. TIG (“GTAW”)
2. Input voltage indicator led will be illuminated when input voltage to the machine is present and the ON/OFF switch is in the ON position.
3. Fault/thermal overload indicator led will be illuminated under the following conditions:
- The duty cycle of the machine has been exceeded or air flow is blocked. The fan will continue to run until the machine has cooled, but output power will be disabled. Ensure that the cooling fan is running and that there are 12 inches of clearance around all vents. When the LED turns off, welding power will be enabled again.
- The input voltage is outside of the acceptable range. If this indicator remains illuminated for more than 10 minutes, it is likely that there is an input voltage problem.
4. Amperage adjustment knob is used to adjust the following welding parameters:
- In STICK (“SMAW”) mode it adjusts welding current (amperage) from 10A to 80A.
- In TIG (“GTAW”) mode it adjusts welding current (amperage) from 10A to 85A.
5. Negative (-) dinse socket
6. Positive (+) dinse socket
7. On/Off switch
8. Input power cable
If you want to learn more about this machine, check out these resources:
- The Forney Easy Weld 180 ST Quick Start Guide and downloadable PDF
- The Forney Easy Weld 180 ST Specification Sheet
- The Forney Easy Weld 180 ST User Manual
- Forney Easy Weld 180 ST Welding Videos:
Stick Welding with the Forney Easy Weld 180 ST:
TIG Welding with the Forney Easy Weld 180 ST:
For more information about this machine and the rest of Forney’s great products visit forneyind.com, or askforney.com. To speak with one of our trained customer service representatives call 1-800-521-6038.