Get started with the Forney 250 P+ Plasma Cutter! This is a breakdown of the Quick Start Guide that is included with your new machine.
1. To prevent serious injury, read manual warnings and instructions before use.
2. Use dedicated 120V electrical circuit. Plug in plasma cutter. (LED’s will light up and hear the compressor turn on)
3. Use a piece of scrap sheet metal and perform a test cut.
4. Make sure your tip stays in contact with the work piece.
5. Replace electrode or tip when damaged or if they show excessive wear.
- Drag torch while holding at a 15-30° angle.
- Stay within cutting limits of the machine.
- Use a metal straight edge to control cuts.
- Built in moisture trap extends tip life, and needs to be drained periodically.
Warning: To prevent fire and serious injury: Keep torch and wire clear of grounded objects while welder is plugged in. Be sure to follow safe welding procedures and wear proper PPE (clothes, welding helmet, safety glasses, welding gloves, boots, etc.)